If November/December is for feasting, February is certainly for decadence. Sure,we spend most of winter stuffing our faces, but I'd say that there are two very distinct differences. November into December is holiday central - pies, casseroles, turkeys, stuffing, potatoes, etc. Essentially, a lot of comfort food. Then you recover and work hard on your New Year's resolutions in January (because let's be honest - who here is STILL going strong? Yeah, didn't think so, suckers). And then, it's February.
February is for chocolate, fudge, candy, truffles, and all kinds of ooey-gooey treats. Heart shaped boxes of chocolates, candy hearts, truffles galore, romantic dinner followed by romantic desserts like cheesecake, fondue, ganache,and everything in-between. Basically, not a pie, mashed potato, or turkey in sight.
With all that in mind, I welcome February with open arms as well as these Double Chocolate Caramel Chip Cookies (DCCCC from here on out). Fudgey, gooey, chocolatey cookies with a caramel twist thanks to Nestle's Delight Fulls filled baking morsels, these cookies definitely fit the bill for a decadent Valentine's Day worthy treat.
I mean, there's melted chocolate chips blended right into the cookie dough. Can you get any more indulgent? I think not.
These Delight Fulls are super fun. I'm a bit late to the party and I had seen them around before but never had the right excuse to grab a bag (do I really need an excuse though? Really?). Have you seen them? At my local Price Chopper, there were a few flavors - coconut, peppermint (leftover from Christmas, I think!), and caramel.
When I spotted the caramel, it immediately got the gears in my head turning. What's better than caramel? Caramel with chocolate! Basically, put chocolate on anything and it's immediately better, okay? OK.
So bring it on, February! I see your Valentine's Day and I raise you these DCCCC - they're so good, I won't even be mad if I don't fit into the dress I bought for Cody and my Valentine's Day date.
Okay, so I'd be a little mad...then I'd just eat the rest of these cookies.
Double Chocolate Caramel Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nestle Delight Fulls, caramel flavor (or any flavor you wish!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips into microwave safe container and melt on high for 1 minute. Stir and, if needed, microwave for additional 15 second intervals until melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar, butter, and brown sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Beat until well blended.
- Slowly add your flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Carefully fold in remaining chocolate chips and Nestle Delight Fulls.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or spoon), drop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Leave some space - these will spread a bit!
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before moving them to wire racks to cool completely.