Know what the best day off is? It's not setting any alarms, staying in bed all cozy-like while looking at wedding stuff until noon, dragging ourselves out of bed just to go get lunch somewhere not so healthy for us, running a few errands (and getting started on Christmas shopping!), coming home and blogging while Cody plays whatever video game he's currently into, and only getting up from the couch to eventually make dinner and continue binge-watching a Netflix show (currently it's the hilariously inappropriate Big Mouth).
That's the kind of day I had on Monday. I am on a much needed vacation this week to recover from one heck of a September but also to celebrate Red and Jimmy as they wed on Friday but was excited to find out that Cody had Monday off. His company actually stays closed on Columbus Day, something my company does not do. So we had a bonus weekend day to do the above - and we didn't do much!
I had whipped these cookie dough bites up on Sunday, popping them into the fridge over night so they can set. It made photographing them today, between lazy activities, a breeze!
I also got to enjoy a couple of them after and am quite a fan! The coconut oil that you use here instead of butter (if you're not vegan, simply use butter instead!) isn't overpowering at all (something I dislike about coconut based products) and they really do satisfy my chocolate chip cookie craving sweet tooth.
If you're the kind of person who prefers to simply eat the dough instead of bake the cookies (or perhaps you're having just as lazy of a day as I did and can't be bothered with actually turning on the oven), this treat is for you, my friend!
No eggs, no problem!
Keep on, lazing on...what do you love to do on your lazy days off? Binge-watching anything good these days?
(Vegan) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Adapted from Cooking Classy
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter alternative)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 3 tablespoons almond milk (as needed, see instructions)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Cream together your coconut oil, brown sugar, sugar, and salt until combined and fluffy.
- Stir in almond milk, 1 tablespoon first, along with vanilla extract.
- Add in flour and mix until just combined.
- Add in more almond milk if/as needed, until a dough is formed.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and place onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Best if chilled for 30min-1hr. Can be stored in an airtight container if not devoured right away while standing in your kitchen in your pajamas.