Lately, I've really dropped the ball on bringing you yummy recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth. I used to split my posts between fashion and food, bringing you one recipe for almost every outfit. In the past 8 months or so, it's been more like 1 recipe per month, if any at all.
For the most part, it's not a conscious decision. My style posts perform WAY better than my food posts do (and that's not a surprise since most of my little peanuts are coming here for the clothes) and it has me wondering if I should drop the food posts and stick with style.
I'm not sure though. I don't know that I am ready to let go of the food posts completely just yet. It's a big part of my persona and even if they do take in less views and not as many impressions, I think I'll keep them going.
Somewhere out there, I know there are other dress-obsessed foodies like me. Someday they'll find this little corner of the blog-osphere and feel like they've returned home.
Inner struggle aside, please enjoy this super simple and 3 ingredient treat I stumbled upon recently. I swear I saw this via one of those short and fun Tasty videos while on my epic journey to Las Vegas and Seattle a few weeks ago but now that I want to share it, I cannot find it anywhere!
I did find this very similar version to give credit to but it's always a mystery to me how some things go missing on the internet. How does that work? Some things you can't stop seeing everywhere while others seem to vanish into the depths of the internet!
I wanted to make this immediately upon spotting it. I love finding super simple recipes that come together with little to no effort but come out all kinds of impressive. This dessert is made with puff pastry, strawberries, and a candy bar. Can you get any simpler?
It's easy to make as well! Plop that candy bar in the middle of the pasty, top it with pretty slices of strawberries, slice the pastry into diagonal strips, and wrap the yummy bits up all pretty like! Brush it down with an egg wash, bake it, let it cool a bit, sprinkle with some powdered sugar, and BOOM! Instant pretty dessert that'll impress anyone.
It also tastes wickedly delicious and decadent - BONUS!
It fits into my mantra when it comes to dessert. Why spend an exuberant amount of energy and time on treats? It's gotta be simple, easy, and fairly quick, in my book. And when it's crazy good at the end? Even BETTER!
Chocolate Strawberry Pastry Braid
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (I used Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 Hershey bar, XL large sized (regular will work as well, you'll just have extra pastry to work with on top)
- 4-6 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- powdered sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay puff pastry sheet onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and let thaw for about 40 minutes.
- When thawed (but still cold), gently unfold the pastry sheet until it is flat on the parchment paper.
- Place your chocolate bar onto the center of puff pastry.
- Lay slices of strawberries on top of chocolate until chocolate bar is covered.
- Cut diagonal strips into the sides of your puff pastry, keeping each section of dough about a quarter inch wide.
- Pull top and bottom piecces of pastry over the top and bottom of chocolate and strawberries and wrap each strip across, alternating sides so it creates a braid effect.
- Using a brush, gently coat the pastry with your egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Let pastry cool before sifting powdered sugar on top.