So, as some may know, I've got this thing for donuts.
And when I say thing, I mean obsession.
There isn't a donut I'd say no to - even the non-edible kind! I've got donut jewelry, a donut Christmas ornament, donut magnets, donut artwork, a donut calendar, a donut mug, and then some. I am surprised I haven't managed to score a donut covered dress!
Typically, a donut in its natural state is enough for me - especially if its glazed or frosted!
Then I started to think about what else I could donut-ify.
And it hit me - ICE CREAM!
Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to come up with this no-churn ice cream recipe. It's pretty simple with its sweetened condensed milk and Cool Whip base. Then you just mix a bunch of glazed donut holes into it and VOILA! DONUT ICE CREAM!
I don't think I need any new ways to shove donuts into my face but I also won't turn any down.
I mean, what kind of monster do you think I am?
Anyway, there are only a few donut concoctions out there that are questionable (glazed donut cheeseburger or glazed donut vodka anyone?) but glazed donut ice cream is surely not one of them!
Oh, by the way, if you know of a donut covered dress, hit me up. We gotta talk, girl.
No-Churn Glazed Donut Ice Cream
- 1 8oz container Cool Whip (or make your own whipped cream with a pint of heavy cream!)
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package glazed donut holes
- In a large bowl, carefully combine Cool Whip and sweetened condensed milk until combined
- Add vanilla extract and mix until just combined
- In a food processor, coarsely crush up 16-18 donut holes, being careful not to over-crush - you still want some good sized chunks!
- Add the donut pieces to the ice cream mixture and stir carefully to combine
- Empty ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container and top with additional donut chunks (optional)
- Cover and place into freezer until set (I freeze overnight)